LLG: Today’s learnings come from what I said to a friend in need of a few affirmations. The conversation was long, but here are some of the deep quotes that resonated:
- “Be the change you want to see in the world.” – Gandhi
- It’s easy to jump on the bandwagon and continue to bitch about the world. It takes courage, strength, and will power to act on your decisions.
- Have you thought maybe people act the way they do because they haven’t seen it done any other way?
- “If people are bringing you down it only means that you are above them.”
- People often say they need to save money. I’d say save positivity. Lock those moments that make you feel positive so that you can use it in the future. Use positive emotion as a currency.
On a completely different note, I learned the difference between yams and sweet potatoes, and that New Amsterdam and This is Us airs on Tuesdays. (Always thought it was Tuesday then Wednesday).
Gratitude goes to talking to youngins about the power of their voice, hot showers, phone calls, visiting a new asian supermarket (S-Market), and finding out about nearby restaurants.