LLG: Today’s lessons stem from Dr. Oz’s #theNSLS broadcast recording where he talked about living your best life from the inside out. I’m going to type out the quotes that I found to sink in the most.
- “Depression creates some of the most interesting of scenarios because it forces you to be creative. Depression is a wake-up call that you should not toleration the life you’re living anymore because you can probably do better.”
- “Stress=rich term for fear. Fear of embracing, engaging these challenges that holds us back.”
- “People don’t change based on what they know, it’s by how they feel.”
- “STEAM is what we should aim for: Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math. Artists sit on that dividing line between order and chaos and they can look over the chaos and they can see patterns. Patterns that they can translate for the rest of us.”
- “If you use your mind to be the healing force that it can be, it’ll take you to heights unparalleled and that is the challenge that we all have bought into–this turpentine path towards health is not an easy one, but it should be the one we embrace in our lives.”
- “The four things we need in life: food, water, sex, and sleep.”
I also learned about the following websites: hcuniversity.org, health corps, CK-12.org, and being a Heart Hero.
Gratitude goes to the power of recordings, technology, sharing resources, being a winner, and serving others.